Monday, September 2, 2013

Book Review: Dear Wife: Letters from a Help Meet

 

       “And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I  will make a help meet for him.”   ~ Genesis 2:18 
    Dear Wife: Letters from a Help Meet was written by my blogger friend, Misty Leask from Simply Helping Him.  As a wife of eight years, Misty felt the desire to support women in the important role of being a Godly wife.  Misty realized that sometimes we feel more like Cinderella in the ashes than Cinderella in a ball gown dancing with the handsome prince.  Misty writes a series of short encouragements to wives who feel less than a princess.  If you have ever felt lonely, unwanted, unattractive, exhausted, or depressed, Misty has words to lift your spirits and to help you go on to be who you are called to be. 
 “...And they lived happily ever after,” may follow most fairytale weddings, but in real life, after the wedding comes the marriage.  Along the journey of our wedded lives we may feel discouraged and like giving up.  That’s where Misty’s letters come in.  Each letter is devotional sized, which means able to be read in the time it takes to drink your coffee or to wait on line in the grocery store.  Each of Misty’s letters provides encouragement woven with Bible verses from someone who has been where you are and felt what you feel.  You may not relate to all of the letters, but you will have had these feelings at one time or another.  I was especially touched by the letter to the Wife Who Lives Exhausted. 
      Dear Wife is only $2.99 on Amazon.  It is downloadable on your Kindle or computer.  I would love to hear in the comments how this book has blessed you!
     Disclosure:  I agreed to review this book for Misty.  The opinions expressed are my own.  I purchased Dear Wife myself from Amazon.  I did not receive compensation to review this book.  If however, you purchase the book by clicking on it from my blog, I could possibly earn about fifteen cents.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover