Friday, February 3, 2012

Project 52: Shadows

"Don't be afraid of shadows. 
 It means that there is a light shining nearby." 
 Don't know the source for this quote, if anyone knows it, I'll be happy to add it.
     The prompt for the fifth week of Project 52 was "Shadows."  I really wanted to come up with something creative.   But...well... Here are my attempts.  
     First I took pictures of the tulips and their shadows.  I really liked the pictures, but didn't feel that I had really captured "Shadows."
     Then I thought it would be fun to have a shadow interact with an object.  So I snapped Patty holding a Rubix Cube. 
     Apparently, my children have a hidden talent for hand shadows.   Patty demonstrated her ability to make a shadow dog with her fingers.   The amazing Rubix Cube continues to hang in space!

Biggest brother Patrick was not to be outdone.  He shared his gorilla.  The gorilla looks pretty good when he waggles his fingers.
     When I hurried inside to download my pictures, Patty created yet another shadow for me to share.
     Hoping your day brings you sunshine and shadows!
    If you want to see more great pictures of Shadows follow the link below.
Linking up with my3boybarians.com
-Donna

26 comments:

little macaroon. said...

that first rubix cube photo is a brilliant idea! I'm totally in awe!

K Hutchinson said...

What a super duper cool idea with the rubix cube! Love it!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I agree with Little Macaroon...your photo definitely stood out and I wanted to see it in a larger size. Very inspiring and creative!!

...melody... said...

I too love the rubix cube photo in which you were trying to manipulate it with your shadow. So clever!

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, how creative. Great shots. Take care and have a wonderful weakend:)

Susan said...

Oh boy...you are so good!! Love these. So creative!!

Tracy said...

All so great! I especially love the Rubik's cube being held by the hand shadows! Super clever!

heritagemom said...

Really cool idea! And awesome shot, too. :)

kelly said...

love that rubix cube donna! so clever. but if i had to pick a favorite, i'd have to choose the tulips. love the perspective in this shot. well...and they're tulips. :)

Lisa said...

Love the Rubick's Cube photo. Very creative.

Bridget said...

awesome pics!

Sheila @ The Deliberate Reader said...

Very clever pics! But my favorite is still the first one because I *love* tulips.

Annette said...

I LOVE the colorful cube with the shadow! Very creative!!

Mrs. T. said...

You are so creative. I really like the shadow hands holding the colorful Rubiks cube. Very clever idea.

Melissa Stover said...

the rubix cube is such a fun idea!

MJ said...

I am impressed with the Gorilla =). I can only make a rabbit.

Sam said...

Those are fun shots!

msdewberry said...

What fun photos! Looks like you had lots of fun taking these! Love the Rubik's cube.

Unknown said...

Your Rubik's Cube shots are so clever! :)

Angie said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your Rubik's Cube shadow image is brilliant! Just brilliant! HAHA! I LOVED it. :-D Nice!!!!

Chelsea said...

So cool how involved your kids got with your project! I like the picture of the tulips, too.

Lisa said...

Hi Donna,
Thanks for the comments on my blog today.

In answer to your question about fundraising with the flamingos...people pay to have a large, medium, or small flocking. There is a committee of volunteers who come out at night, unseen, and do the flocking. Flamingos are in your yard for 24 hours where they mysteriously disappear and reappear in someone else's yard :) All proceeds go to the school.

Jenny said...

That's funny! I love the tulips, they are my favorite!

Foursons said...

Tulips are my favorite flower and those are GORGEOUS! I am absolutely loving the rubix cube and used it as my inspiration to think outside the box for this week's challenge. I took some of my boy's shadow holding a basketball, but I went a different route when I picked the shot to post.

Gina Kleinworth said...

The rubix cube is fabulous!

Angi said...

awesome photos!

Pin It button on image hover