Thursday, February 23, 2012

Project 52: Cabin Fever

Others, like this one, have clearly been left idle.   Those are ferns and moss growing on the roof.  Still the cabins are quite beautiful and stir the imagination.  Wouldn't you like to sit in a rocking chair by the hearth and dream?         Still the cabins pictures were taken last summer.  I needed to settle on a photo for this week.  I didn't want to bore you with share pictures of my children playing video games.     I drove by a local pond on my way home from school and in the reeds was a huge blue heron eating a wriggling fish.  Photo opportunity!!!  I hurried to grab my camera.  Unfortunately, the heron did not take kindly to me or my camera interrupting his  dinner.  He flew swiftly away, eluding my attempt to get a great shot.  Sigh.
   LORD, I love the house where you live, 
   the place where your glory dwells. Psalm 26: 8  
There are more great pictures of Cabin Fever over at Darcy's.  Be sure to stop over and visit.
-Donna

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Found you through the Grow Your Blog hop! Showing you some bloggy love by following you via GFC.
Tera
http://www.eccentricleopard.com/

Bridget said...

Great cabin shots - just beautiful!

Mrs. T. said...

I'd love to go to this cabin. The little birdhouse looks very similar. Nice shots for a difficult theme!

kelly said...

i love the composition and vibrant colors of your birdhouse. beautiful!!

Caitlin Gerres Photography said...

That is one adorable birdhouse!

Kim said...

Very nice! I love all of them...

Fonda @Southern Scraps said...

Beautiful cabins and I love your birdhouse too!

Sam said...

Beautiful! Lovely birdhouse as well. :)

Chelsea said...

Cute birdhouse and beautiful pictures! I settled for pictures of my kids playing games! :)

Sheila @ The Deliberate Reader said...

That birdhouse is adorable! And the first two cabin photos are just beautiful.

Foursons said...

Darn that heron and his uncomfortableness with humans! That would have been a PERFECT shot!

I love log cabins. My aunt used to live in a log cabin in the woods in Warsaw, NY. We would go and spend time there during the summers and it is one of my favorite childhood memories. No TV- just books, records, and our imaginations. LOVED it!

I love your shots this week, it takes me back to those long summer days spent in a hammock and playing in the crick. (The only crick I've ever seen- all others have been creeks.)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

The cabin pictures are wonderful - in their two completely different states (maintained and idle). What a great escape to peacefulness and natural beauty. The birdhouse is beautiful with its vibrant red accents.

Julie Ball said...

These are wonderful! I occasionally see a blue heron (once I even saw two) around where I live, and I'm always trying to stalk them with my camera. :) I don't think I'd like to go camping in a tent, but I'd love to enjoy the outdoors with a cozy cabin as "home base." And if I were a bird, I would love to live in your birdhouse! That little chair just makes it!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Julie Ball said...

P.S. - I LOVE the name of your blog! :)

Hi I'm Melanie said...

I really like your photo's of the cabins, they make me want to be there relaxing right now!

Pin It button on image hover