Monday, August 12, 2013

Renaissance Faire

      Are you a damsel in distress?  Have you met your knight in shining armor?  Do you long to meet the Merry Men of Sherwood Forest?  Go to the Renaissance Faire, where fantasy rules!
      Our family went to the Renaissance Faire at Sterling Forest on opening day.  We saw sword fights and brawls.
      Guests are encouraged to join in the fun by coming in costume.  My girl, Patty, enthusiastically went as the princess that she is.   Patty finally met her knight in shining armor.
     The young lady on the fence held a yellow ring in the air for the knight to catch on his javelin, while running at full speed on his horse.  The boys really enjoyed the jousting and sword fights.
      My favorite village people.
      A flower girl enjoying a quiet moment by the Queen's Lake.
      My very own knight listening to a minstrel.
      The Queen presenting Robin Hood with a prize at the archery contest.
     This seemed like a good spot for Pat to take a picture of me.  I wonder why.
     We had a wonderful day at the Renaissance Faire.  We plan to visit again next year.
(I am not receiving compensation for this post.  The opinions expressed are, as always, my own.  We enjoyed our day, and I wanted to share it with you.)

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover