Monday, October 1, 2012

Letters for Compassion

Proceed to our secure online form

Dear God,
     I know that You know my name, but let me tell you anyway - it is Bonifasius Cendy Putra Yohdanstie.  Even for my parents that is a mouthful.  They call me Cendy.  God, as I write this, it has begun to rain.
     Each day as I carry water, I look up at the sky, and I think of You.  I know You because at the Anugerah Student Center they tell us about You.  My friend Jimi goes there, too.   At the center we learn and are safe.  Jimi and I play soccer together.  As we kick the ball, he tells me about his sponsor Mama Donna.  Mama Donna writes him letters.  She tells him about her life.  It must be very different where she lives.  He has a few pictures of her.  She even sent him stickers and coloring pages.  The family treasures her letters.  They keep them is a box.  Because of a sponsor his life is better in so many ways.  He smiles now.  Sometimes when I am at Jimi's house I touch Mama Donna's picture.
      It was a great day when our pictures were taken for Compassion.  So much hope was in the air.  I put on my best clothes.  I had heard that it takes longer for older children to get sponsors and I am 13.  Some of the younger children have been sponsored, so I guess that is true.  I have been waiting.  I have been waiting 275 days now.
     God, I go to church and learn about You.  I go to Center and learn about You.  I saw the description of me.  It says, my performance at school is average.  Well, it is average, You know that.  But I do not feel average.  I think that someday I could be more.  That I could do more.  That I could be more.  Just more.
     God with each drop of the rain I am praying to You.  Please send me a sponsor.
               Cendy
     For the month of September, Bloggers have been united to find sponsors for 3,108 children like Cendy.  As of September 24 the sponsorship was 2,297.
     Cendy is a real boy.  He can't speak to you.  The letter to God was written by me in his voice.  It is what I imagined he would say.  You can find his information at Compassion International.
  • Age: 13
  • Birthday: February 26, 1999
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Indonesia
  • Center: Anugerah Student Center
  • Child ID: IO7570345
    • Waiting: 275 Days for a sponsor.

    Cendy makes his home with his father and his mother. Carrying water, helping in the kitchen and running errands are his household duties. His father is employed and his mother is employed. There are 2 children in the family.

    For fun, Cendy enjoys soccer and bicycling. He attends church activities regularly and is in primary school where his performance is average.

    Please remember Cendy in your prayers. Your love and support will help him to receive the assistance he needs to grow and develop.
          Thank you for your prayers for Cendy.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover