Friday, July 20, 2012

Water and Wild Ponies


Sing to the Lord a new song, 
    his praise from the ends of the earth, 
you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, 
    you islands, and all who live in them.  ~Isaiah 42:10
     Earlier this month we took a trip to visit my parents in Virginia.  We spent a beautiful day at the nearby Assateague Island National Seashore.  Marguerite Henry's book, Misty of Chincoteague, made the ponies on this island famous.  Visitors from all over the world come to purchase a pony from the yearly pony swim which benefits the Chincoteague Volunteer Fire Department.  
     Here is my family splashing in the ocean.  Just beyond them a dolphin is surfacing.  Adults and children alike love to watch the dolphins.  I am always happy to see them.  I think I watched Jaws one too many times.  In my mind - if there are dolphins around there won't be any sharks.  
           Greetings from Assateague Island!
          
   

2 comments:

Alene said...

I read those books. This is beautiful - the real life place. Oh my thanks for sharing!

http://positivelyalene.com

Jody Lee Collins said...

Donna, wow.....I never read the story. Now I'm intrigued. Your family photos are just 'wow.'
Thanks for sharing.

Pin It button on image hover