Monday, February 24, 2014

Book Review: The Antelope in the Living Room


 photo antelope-book-cover_zpsbccc8781.jpg
     I enjoyed Melanie Shankle’s first book, Sparkly Green Earrings so much that I knew I had to read her second book, The Antelope in the Living Room.  Oh my word!  Antelope had me poking my husband and reading him excerpts.   Antelope is now on his Kindle, too.
     I loved that this book was about marriage.  Melanie celebrates and appreciates the differences between husband and wife.
     Warning!  Do not read Antelope in public.  It will have you laughing out loud like I did while waiting for my husband at the doctors office.  We were there for the dreaded man cold.  Which as Melanie points out is “... the very worst of all the colds. It’s far superior and more serious than any type of flu a wife might contract. It requires chicken noodle soup in bed, lots of “poor baby,” and Xanax. Granted, the Xanax is for the caretaker, but you get my point.”
     I am looking forward to her next book!  If you have already read this book, what did you think about it?

PS:  I did not receive payment for this review.  My opinion about this book was given freely because I think that you will enjoy it as much as I did.  If you should click on the book picture and follow the link to Amazon and purchase something - anything while you are there,  I may make a small percentage of your purchase.  This will not cost you any additional money.  If you really want to be kind, treat yourself to a pair of diamond earrings!

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover