Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dwell in the Vine

 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes  so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.  Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.  “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.  ~John 15:1-5
     
     Jesus tells us that He is our true vine.  Our life is hid with Christ in God.

7 comments:

Sylvia R said...

Beautiful photo of vineyard country. Looks much like lake country in upstate New York, north of us. this speaks to me because I desire to dwell in the vine, in closeness to Him, more and more. Thank you for its gentle beauty and truth.
(And I love your blog's name! I just miswrote holiness that way yesterday, and I thought, "Well, that's what I am!")
God bless.
Sylvia @ sylvrpen.com

Lyli said...

Beautiful. John 15 is one of my favorite passages.

Jennifer Richardson said...

vineyards speak to me
in a language my heart understands
and absorbs so well
and it's singing and wiggling with joy
over this beautiful photo and the life-giving
words you posted:)
thank you!
glad thanks,
Jennifer

caryjo said...

YES. So wonderful to know we can trust HIM forever and ever. That He will remain in us and help us grow spiritually. Great photos.

Carrie said...

Oh, Donna! I love the photo and especially the verse! My pastor just referenced this parable on Sunday. Jesus' words to His disciples are an encouragement to me. Perhaps I'll stencil this verse on a wall in my house!

Jody Lee Collins said...

Dwelling and abiding, we in Him, He in us....beautiful words, beautiful photo!

Sandra Heska King said...

Ahhh. I wrote about vine country on Monday (but linked Tuesday's post.) Abiding seems to be a prevalent theme these days.

Pin It button on image hover