Friday, December 30, 2011

Books I've Read in 2011


"You can't get a cup of tea coffee big enough or a book long enough to suit me."  C. S. Lewis

     I must confess that I am an avid reader.   When I was younger, it was not unusual for me to be so involved in a book that I was oblivious to what was happening.  My burning toast has set off the smoke alarm far too many times to count.  I am fortunate to have a Kindle and so there is always a book waiting for me to read at any moment of the day.  Here is a list of books that I read in 2011 that I thought about long after I turned the last page. 


  





     My (not so) Story Book Life, by Elizabeth Owen
     Grace for the Good Girl, by Emily Freeman
     The Hunger Games Trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
     The School of Essential Ingredients, by Erica Bauermeister
     Poke the Box, by Seth Godin
     Dwelling Place, by Elizabeth Musser
     The Mill River Recluse, by Darcie Chan
     Loving Frank, A Novel, by Nancy Horan
     The Provence Cure for the Brokenhearted: A Novel by Bridget Asher
     Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley
     One Thousand Gifts:  A Dare to Live Fully Right    Where You Are, by Ann Voskamp
     Little Bee, by Chris Cleave
     Room: A Novel, by Emma Donoghue
     The Story of Beautiful Girl, by Rachel Simon
     Ellis Island, by Kate Kerrigan





Linking with Nesting Place.
What books do you suggest for 2012?
-Donna

6 comments:

Maureen@Loving this Life said...

I like your list. I haven't heard of too many of them so it gives me something to check out. I loved One Thousand Gifts and Grace for the Good Girl is on my list for 2012. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Donna - thanks for visiting my blog. I like your list of books...so many good titles that I added to my list.

reeve said...

Little bee and the hunger games are on my to read list for 2012. can't wait.

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by my blog, it looks like you have a good list going. I'll seek out the book your recommend.

HopeAnn said...

Donna, I was reading through your list of books and noticed one that I'm currently reading, Little Bee, actually I've just started it, and another that I've been wanting to read The Winter Sea.

Laura said...

This is a great list and we've read similar books. Are there a few that you'd recommend more than others? I'm currently putting my list together for 2012. Thanks!

Pin It button on image hover