Friends are the sunshine of life. John Hay
Last week I was flattered and thrilled to be nominated for a Sunshine Award from Kelly at Minding My Nest.
hi donna. just wanted to let you know that i have nominated you for the Sunshine Award - http://mindingmynest.com/2012/02/hello-sunshine/ - thank you so much for all the kind words you have left on my blog. you have no idea how they warm my heart. love, kelly
My very first nomination for anything!!! Kelly just made my day.
Kelly and I met through our participation in Project 52 and One Little Word. Kelly shares beautiful photos each week. Her OLW is Try. I enjoy her witty and wise posts. She is an inspiration. She encourages me with her comments each week.
I am so honored to be included in the company of Kelly and others who have received this award. And the deal is, as a recipient of this delightful award, I have a few rules to follow:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog. See above.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself. See below.
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers. See my list below.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated. So happy to share the love!
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
- Favorite non-alcoholic drink: Coffee, thank God for coffee.Prefer Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I don’t know how to Twitter.My passion: My faith, family, and friends.Prefer getting or giving presents: I love finding the perfect gift for someone.Favorite pattern: I am a solid kinda girl.Favorite day of the week: Saturday.Favorite flower: I adore tulips.
OK. So now here is the fun part – here is my list of blogs that regularly bring a little sunshine into my life. In no particular order:
I realize that I didn’t nominate 10 people, but I’m new at this. “It takes a long time to grow an old friend.” John Leonard.Once again, I would like to thank Kelly for her vote of confidence.-Donna
- http://www.myfourboys.com/– Foursons and I have come to “know” each other through the Project 52 over at my3boyarians. Her header says: Alice Mitchell only thought she had it bad with ONE little menace in the home. How perfect to have four of them! I enjoy her photos each week.
- http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/ – Karianne at Thistlewood Farm shares great project tutorials. Her new “Love” sign made out of scap wood is beautiful and fun. I really enjoyed her Dear Book Club post. I can so relate.
- http://thefrugalhomemaker.com/ – Christine is another gal I’ve come to know through my3boyarians. Christine enjoys making a house a home as inexpensively as she can. She also loves tulips.
- http://www.thenymelrosefamily.blogspot.com/ – I am fortunate to have Jenny as a friend in the blog world and the real world. Jenny and I work in the same school. Jenny has inspiring projects on her blog.
Ten Sunshine Award Questions (and answers):
Favorite color: I love any natural shade of green. To me the color green symbolizes hope and growth.
Favorite animal: My favorite animal is our dog Riley. I do love frogs. They are quirky creatures that change throughout their lives.
Favorite number: Three. I like it so much that I did it twice!