Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lizards, Snakes, and Prayers! Oh my!

      My eldest son, Patrick, convinced me to join him at a Reptile Expo in White Plains, NY.   There were cages and cages of reptiles of every kind.  I took Patty for moral support.
      Did I mention that there were snakes?  I went so that Patrick would not bring home a snake.
      I went so that no one would bring home a reptile of any kind!  Especially not a snake.  Especially not a snake that needs a bungee cord to keep the lid on his cage.
      No!  I did not let Patty bring home this snake - even though she was quite attached to it.
      Patrick said that the man next to him is a very famous seller of snakes.  I'll have to take his word for it.  He did not sell Patrick a snake.
Patrick and "Chewy" from Snakebytes TV on You Tube.
     These were land crabs.  They were softball sized.  We did not buy these.  I don't think they even count as reptiles.
   We did not buy a single reptile at the Reptile Expo.  Nope not one reptile.
      How was I to know that they also had RED EYED TREE FROGS?!  We did not bring home any reptiles from the Reptile Expo.
     Red Eyed Tree frogs are actually amphibians.  I bought two.  Aren't they beautiful?

I like this habitat for reptiles and amphibians: Amazon, $56.99

9 comments:

OrangeHeroMama said...

Yick!!! No thanks!!

http://www.homeofohm.com/2012/09/wordless-wednesday-im-sewing-again-w.html

mail4rosey said...

hahaha, you're the one that bought something, that's hysterical! Great post!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
the picture of the red eyed frog is gorgeous!!! My TOP-Favorit!!!
Have a nice day
moni

my BLOG:
http://www.reflexionblog.de

carol l mckenna said...

Love the red eyed frog ~ Great photos ~ hope you had fun ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Ugochi said...

The red eyed frog does look cute.
Have a super blessed day Donna, great to "meet" you!
Love
http://www.ugochi-jolomi.com/2012/09/one-extreme-help.html

Anonymous said...

The frog is beautiful. Where do you keep them? My hubby recent bought me some turtles. I have yet to name them. Do your frogs have names?

Sophia
multipliedlove.com

Unknown said...

Turtles are so much fun. I had a turtle named "Perkins." He needed more room, so he moved to a friends. He is happier in his larger surroundings. We name frogs, and turtles, after local restaurants, in honor of one of my first frog who was named "IHOP." I am considering "Chili" and "Chipotle" for these two because they look kind of spicy.

Melissa @ A Wide Line said...

Wow. My son is only 18 MO, and your post just gave me a scary glimpse into my reptile-filled future. *shudder* Visiting you from Home of OHM.

Jill said...

Our family would have enjoyed the Reptile Expo. It looks to have been a lot of fun!

Pin It button on image hover