Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lizards, Snakes, and Prayers! Oh my!

      My eldest son, Patrick, convinced me to join him at a Reptile Expo in White Plains, NY.   There were cages and cages of reptiles of every kind.  I took Patty for moral support.
      Did I mention that there were snakes?  I went so that Patrick would not bring home a snake.
      I went so that no one would bring home a reptile of any kind!  Especially not a snake.  Especially not a snake that needs a bungee cord to keep the lid on his cage.
      No!  I did not let Patty bring home this snake - even though she was quite attached to it.
      Patrick said that the man next to him is a very famous seller of snakes.  I'll have to take his word for it.  He did not sell Patrick a snake.
Patrick and "Chewy" from Snakebytes TV on You Tube.
     These were land crabs.  They were softball sized.  We did not buy these.  I don't think they even count as reptiles.
   We did not buy a single reptile at the Reptile Expo.  Nope not one reptile.
      How was I to know that they also had RED EYED TREE FROGS?!  We did not bring home any reptiles from the Reptile Expo.
     Red Eyed Tree frogs are actually amphibians.  I bought two.  Aren't they beautiful?

I like this habitat for reptiles and amphibians: Amazon, $56.99

Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover