Thursday, January 26, 2012

Project 52: Self Portrait

     I love to take pictures.  I do not love to be in pictures.  So I approached this week’s photo challenge with more than a little trepidation.   This is what I came up with.  I  have to admit though that I considered just posting the picture below.
     My son, Anthony, was given the art assignment to draw a self portrait about using one of your senses.  Anthony chose to draw his expression when he encounters a particularly noxious odor.  The black marks under his nose that look like a mustache are actually the words "Sniff! Sniff!"  I loved this picture so much that I framed it for his room. 

      I really don't like to be in pictures.  A few years ago when I was diagnosed with cancer I realized that there were very few pictures of me for my children to have if things did not go as we hoped.  I decided that I need to allow myself to be photographed.  It isn't about me.  It's about my family and those who love me.  Patty snapped this picture when my husband and I were on our way to a wedding.  She did a great job.  I felt the blurry picture of myself above was a little bit of a cheat to the people who are sharing this photo project with me. 

     Our identity is based on God's love for us.
     "But now, this is what the LORD says - he who created you... he who formed you... Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.  When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior... you are precious and honored in my sight, and ... I love you... Do not be afraid, for I am with you." Isaiah 43:1-6
-Donna
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover