Friday, August 30, 2013

21 Graces: Week 4


     I've always admired those faithful people who are counting a thousand blessings.  I thought about attempting it from time to time.  But,  recording 1,000 blessings seemed a little overwhelming.  I'm good at accepting blessings, but to write them down was another story.  That's why when I saw the idea behind 21 Graces, I was excited to jump in.  Everyday I note three things which blessed me.  That's it, just three things.  At the end of the week there are 21 Graces.  So simple.  God always blesses me with far more than three each day.
     Friend, you are welcome to join in on the fun.  Visit Jordy Liz Blogs to link up or to find out more.

  1. Root Beer Floats
  2. County Fairs
  3. Getting an unexpected check in the mail.
  4. Talking to my adult son on the phone.
  5. Baby robins.
  6. Red converse sneakers.
  7. My entry closet remodel!   Soon to be posted.
  8. Purging the basement of lost, broken, and forgotten items.
  9. Finding a brand new Kitchen Aid Mixer on Craigslist for $100.00!  The twist tie wasn't even off of the cord and the beaters were still wrapped in the packing paper.  So excited!
  10. Receiving a letter from my Compassion Child, Jimi in Indonesia.
  11. First day of college for my daughter!  
  12. The wonder of a fresh coat of paint.
  13. Getting to see baby turtles newly hatched from their eggs.  So perfect.
  14. A dentist who actually listens to me!
  15. Getting some projects completed around the house.
  16. Finding the perfect material for the seats of my dining room chairs.
  17. A dinner prepared with love for our family.
  18. My son telling me, "You are usually helpful, Mom."
  19. My husband tucking the blankets around me when he gets up for his early morning walk.
  20. That first amazing sip of coffee in the morning.
  21. Chicken eggs warm from the nest.
     Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books -  especially the Bible, build a shelter against a rainy day, give thanks for your blessings and pray for guidance every day.  ~John Wooden

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover