Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How to Use a Runaway Truck Ramp



I Just Finished Reading:
     This is the story of an epic road trip told with warmth, grace, and laughter.  Shawn and Maile Smucker share their adventure of traveling 10,000 miles in a big, blue bus named Willie with their four children.  You accompany their family on the ride of a lifetime, complete with death defying experiences, tender moments of grace, majestic scenery, and honest revelations.
     Don't let comfort keep you from living.  Don't let fear of discomfort keep you camped on a back street of life.  Don't be scared to disconnect, batten down the hatches, and hit the road, if that's where your journey leads you.  ~Shawn Smucker
     At each bend in the road a lesson for life is shared.  Be prepared to want to gather your loved ones and take off in a blue bus of your own.
     This book was fun to read and yet left me with thoughts to ponder.   Have you read How to Use a Runaway Truck Ramp?  What are you reading now?

5 comments:

Jody Lee Collins said...

Donna--hi!

Long time no read. :-) I've not read this book but have seen it reviewed elsewhere-looks like a good read.

God bless you.

mail4rosey said...

Comfort really can keep you from living!

Swinging by to say hello from Thursday's Favorite Things.

Karmen said...

I recently finished Sparkly Green Earrings--LOVED it. So funny, yet sweet and tender. This book sounds great and I will check it out. We did a 5,000 mile trip 2 years ago and I know the stories that came from that! Can't wait to read of theirs. Thanks!

Karmen said...

I recently finished Sparkly Green Earrings--LOVED it. So funny, yet sweet and tender. This book sounds great and I will check it out. We did a 5,000 mile trip 2 years ago and I know the stories that came from that! Can't wait to read of theirs. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I am reading Sparkly Green Earrings now! Great book. I am really enjoying it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Pin It button on image hover