These muffins have a hint of maple sweetness and the crunch of pecans. They are a favorite at our house. Friends asked for the recipe when I brought them to a church brunch.
Maple Pecan MuffinsIngredients:
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with a nonstick cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the softened butter until smooth. Stir in the maple syrup, sour cream, and the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients. Stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Add batter to the prepared muffin pan. This recipe makes 18 large muffins.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes.
The recipe also tastes wonderful as a savory muffin. Just substitute 1 cup of cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage for the pecans.