Thursday, February 14, 2013

Family Style Exploding Box

Lid of the box
     Here is an exploding box that I made for friends who moved clear across the country.  We sure do miss them.  Our friends had adopted a baby boy, the same age as our Connor.  A few years later, to their great surprise, they discovered they were going to have twin boys.  A year after that, another surprise.  Twins again!  This time, a boy and a girl.  Their youngest set started kindergarten this year.
Side View
     I had taken some pictures of their beautiful children just before they moved.  There are pictures on both sides of each of the panels.  I love that the box just explodes with their children.
Opened to reveal three layers.
     The SVG file I used for the exploding box can be found here.  I used a Zing, but if you do not have a machine that will cut for you, an excellent tutorial can be found here.
Pictures are on the front and back of each panel.
     Now I want to make another!

Updated:  This post was featured by Bonnie at PinJunkie!  Thank you so much!

ThePinJunkie

9 comments:

NanaHood said...

I love this! You are crafty like my cousin Kiera. Check out my Facebook page and see what she made for Valentine's Day. Thanks for linking up at NanaHood.com I'm going to follow you!

Facebook page :http://www.facebook.com/pages/NanaHood-and-theNanaBlogs/179831745558

RachelM said...

that's really great!! very clever!!

mail4rosey said...

Oh my gosh, this a great gift idea! My mom would love this.

Happy Valentine's Day. I am visiting today from the Happy Friday Blog Hop. :)

Anonymous said...

So cool! Great idea!

Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party
http://usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/02/submarine-sunday-19.html

Jamie @ Huckleberry Love said...

This is so cute! You did such a great job! I love paper crafting and would love to attempt a project like this soon! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Jamie

www.huckleberrylove.com

Fran said...

What a super idea.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

This is such a cute idea! =)
Im following you from Katherines Thursday Favorite Things blog hop!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Yona Williams said...

OMGoodness...this is too cute. I am definitely making this for my grandmother who lives in another state. She will love it!

I'm stopping by to say 'hi' from Katherine's Favorite Things Thursday - better late than never.

http://artpark78.com/blog1

tiarastantrums said...

looks like it was a lot of fun to make

Pin It button on image hover