Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I Do Believe!

     A single word can be a powerful thing.  A word can comfort, bless, warm, scold, pray, or motivate. It can cause an action to ripple out like a drop of water in a pond.  It can be a resolution that enriches your life and causes you to grow and stretch.
     A few years ago, I began the tradition of selecting a word for the year.  In 2009 and 2010 I wanted to "Make room."  Technically, I guess that's two words, but I used them for two years.  In 2011, my word was "Kindle." In 2012, I chose "Dwell."  These words blessed me as I considered them throughout the year.  I continue to hold them close.
     My word for the coming year of 2013 is "Believe."  Believe means:
1.  to have confidence or faith in the truth of something; to give credence to.
2.  to have confidence in the assertion of ...
3.  to have a conviction
4.  to suppose or assume;  to understand
5.  to have faith
     I'm excited to see where this word will take me.
     Did you notice that beautiful Believe button?  Melanie at Only a Breath is sharing her talent by creating one word buttons for people for free.  If you are interested, please visit Melanie here.  I love mine.  She is also hosting a one word linky party to introduce your word.  If you haven't decided on a word, visit and you'll see many ideas.
     There is also a year long class at Big Picture Classes called One Little Word.  This is my third year participating in the class.  There is a fee of $36.  It is worth it.  The class is wonderful.  (This is my opinion.  I am not compensated in any way for saying this.)  Big Picture Classes has many free and low cost classes for scrap booking and photography.
     Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.  ~Saint Augustine

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Believe - isn't that a beautiful word?

Jenifer Metzger said...

Beautiful word! My word is heart, I want a heart that reflects God's.

Jenifer
jenifermetzger.org

Chelle said...

I am rather excited to see where this word takes us this year.

Kimberly said...

Great word!

Pin It button on image hover