Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One Year Blogaversary

     One year ago today I began the Holimess  blog.   It has been a wonderful year.  When I put my first post up. I really wasn't sure there would be a second.  I just prayed that God would use this little blog as He saw fit.  Holimess is a Christian blog.  There are occasional recipes, craft projects, and children's stories, but for the most part, Holimess is about seeing God in the midst of our ordinary, everyday lives.  I wasn't sure that was the direction I would go, after all the big popular blogs are lifestyle-design-decorator type blogs, but I am beginning to recognize that He is what I write about.
     Here is an assortment of posts that stand out for me from this year.
     Opus 40, a post about Fall Camping with my family was my very first post.
     One of my favorite posts was I Believe.  That post was based on a quote by Audrey Hepburn.  "I believe in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner...."
     Another one of my favorite posts is Return to Me which features my Dad.
     My most read post is Enchanted: Milk Glass Snack Plates.  I purchased these beautiful milk glass plates at our local Good Will.
     During the month of September, I blogged about Compassion International.
     I Wear Pink was a thirty one day series in October on my journey with Breast Cancer linked up at the Nesting Place.  I am a three year survivor.
     I'm looking forward to see where Holimess goes this year.
     Thank you my friends for making this year so special for me.  You are amazing and I am so grateful to have met you.

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

How cool is that! Happy anniversary.

GranthamLynn said...

Congratulations and nice to meet you. I seem to be following you on the linky's today. So I think I'll just sign up to follow your blog! Come by and see me.
Have a Wonderfully Beautiful Wednesday,
Sherry

kelly said...

congratulations on your blogiversary. what a wonderful, inspirational place you've created here.

although i haven't commented, just wanted to let you know that i followed along with your I Wear Pink series. so moved and inspired by your faith and grace. thank you so much for sharing your journey.

love, kelly

Jody Lee Collins said...

Donna--my 'Dwell'ing friend, Happy Blogaversary. I am blessed as is the rest of the blogosphere, because, as you said, "I am beginning to recognize that He is what I write about." Jesus shines through all you do. Thank you for sharing that gift with us.

joy said...

Happy anniversary to you and good luck to more blogging:)

Denise said...

Congrats dear.

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary. I love that you are celebrating this milestone, and love too that I made it just in time to celebrate right along with ya.

It's oh so sweet to meet ya. I'm following you now and can't wait to get to know ya better. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love for you to join me at Local Sugar Hawaii. It's a beautifully kooky space just for us... I hope you'll come as you are and stay for a bit.

xo,
Nicole

localsugarhawaii.com

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind words.

Unknown said...

Thanks. I appreciate you.

Unknown said...

Hi Sweets,

Just wanted to say congrats again on your blogiversary and thanks a billion bunches for joining me for An Aloha Affair last week. We're ready to mingle and have a team of beautiful bloggers helping to get the party started... I'd love it if you'd join us.

Cheers,
Nicole
localsugarhawaii.com

Unknown said...

How wonderful! :) Thank you for sharing your heart so beautifully and linking up at Simply Helping Him this week! Blessings!

Pin It button on image hover