Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One Year Blogaversary

     One year ago today I began the Holimess  blog.   It has been a wonderful year.  When I put my first post up. I really wasn't sure there would be a second.  I just prayed that God would use this little blog as He saw fit.  Holimess is a Christian blog.  There are occasional recipes, craft projects, and children's stories, but for the most part, Holimess is about seeing God in the midst of our ordinary, everyday lives.  I wasn't sure that was the direction I would go, after all the big popular blogs are lifestyle-design-decorator type blogs, but I am beginning to recognize that He is what I write about.
     Here is an assortment of posts that stand out for me from this year.
     Opus 40, a post about Fall Camping with my family was my very first post.
     One of my favorite posts was I Believe.  That post was based on a quote by Audrey Hepburn.  "I believe in pink.  I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner...."
     Another one of my favorite posts is Return to Me which features my Dad.
     My most read post is Enchanted: Milk Glass Snack Plates.  I purchased these beautiful milk glass plates at our local Good Will.
     During the month of September, I blogged about Compassion International.
     I Wear Pink was a thirty one day series in October on my journey with Breast Cancer linked up at the Nesting Place.  I am a three year survivor.
     I'm looking forward to see where Holimess goes this year.
     Thank you my friends for making this year so special for me.  You are amazing and I am so grateful to have met you.
Post a Comment
Pin It button on image hover